Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 September 2016

I could not talk about that to her








My little girl sat on the chair just at the corner of the door, family was shattered; we had no other option but to take our 10 year old with us. I had no place to keep her, she was holding my hand, and I had uttered a few words about the sudden demise of one of our loved one (a very close relative) I fumbled, I searched for better words, my mind scattered to gather the perfect way to tell her about the most harsh reality but I could not, I have always found the best words to adorn my writings but at that moment it was emptiness. 

I found it quite painful to escape her roving eyes; I was desperately seeking for answers because as an adult even I tried to seek explanations. I clinged to her, caressing her soft hands and took her to the remotest corner of the room, that scattered corner of the room where she would not see tears, shattered hearts' and the truth of human existence (May be I was a fool to even think so) I yearned for that little space in that chaotic corner; I had all the intention of breaking away from the truth.

I gathered all my wit to deviate her attention but at the end of the day I had to face her, I had to tell her, I had to share with her, I had to counsel her, life absolutely spoke of hurdles everywhere and as humans we try to seek logic or try hard   to elude the reality but was it feasible?

There are times when events or occurrence does not manifold the way we assume, truth always stood there but it was never plugged in us, may be each one of us desired to evade it. Death, an absolute truth, it stood there always behind us, beside us, with us but the very concept of even discussing it amongst ourselves is shattering.

Life unfolds itself in its own wavering ways, the future is fickle, life is uncertain and when death strikes the door...the baffled mind is absolutely ragged, the aftermath appalling resulting in depression, distress and severe mental, psychological and   behavioural dilemma.
As an adult we have our own healing mechanism, external and internal adaptable skills to withdraw and expunge from the memories with time but the whole concept of accepting death as a child or an adolescent is a very intricate process.  Proper counselling and enlightenment can heal and rehabilitate. It could be that little puppy or the neighbour’s uncle or may be someone as precious in our own family, death is inevitable. As the child realizes the truth of not being able to see the most beloved ones as he or she used to do in past, it challenges the basic life pattern. The initial set back of not finding the person nearby, of spending hours, days, months in a hopeless, disconsolate state is in itself depravation to basic human need. There could be a few things which could help a child regain the elemental confidence in life, in happiness, in joy, in assurance, in spirits...the very basic will to live....to live happily.

Lets strike a conversation


Let’s talk- The beauty of birth, of existence, of relationships, of life and in between the biological reality.

Lets speak  in a better tone- Let’s not preach and teach, let’s just take the normal tone, in our own very way, being over flowery or trying to be overtly positive would again spur abnormal inquisitiveness

Let’s just start on with conversation- About how life evolved, how it progresses.

Let’s counsel on life- We can do absolutely nothing about this phenomenon, man is bound by such conditions, helpless, a spectator. A mere mortal most of the times in life, at the mercy of fate but it’s always good to counsel on life. We still go on; live life just the way, choice is what stays with us. Acceptance becomes the most difficult word but we have to go on.
It can be the most compelling situation to “teach death” but at times life itself abounds us with a lot of these compelling situations unknowingly, unwillingly we are just left with a void, a silence, a vacuum.
But a bit of positivity, a dose of counselling and the right kind of conversation can help our dear ones eradicate many mental and behavioural ailments. It surely can leave a better understanding in the young hearts.

2 comments:

  1. By just opening up ourselves, we are letting others open-up as well. It's a reality that everybody has to face, but kids need more time to understand. Love plays a role as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback

Carrying our world in our little pockets

As humans do we all think alike? Or as humans, we have some basic traits of behaving in a similar way because we are of the clone ...